7 Staggering Facts About Amazon You’ve Never Seen Before
The year is 1994.
It was the year the animated classic Lion King topped the Box Office, pipping Forrest Gump for the #1 spot.
Bruce Springsteen’s Streets of Philadelphia was the world’s hottest single.
And a science geek named Jeff Bezos started a tiny online bookshop from his garage in Washington.
Check out the photo.
That’s actually Jeff Bezos in his garage running Amazon on a shoestring budget.
And surprisingly Amazon took nearly a decade to actually make a profit!
Today though the company is bigger than the biggest retailers in the USA.
If you took Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, Lowes, Target, Best Buy, Kohl’s Macy’s and JCPenney – and combined them into one company they’d still be smaller than Amazon.
Based on its sales it would be the 55th biggest country in the world.
And it uses enough cardboard to cover all of Australia in a year.
It’s mind boggling how enormous Jeff Bezos’ empire has actually become.
However that’s not the best bit.
Jeff Bezos realised that, unlike most retailers which bought and sold their own products, Amazon would grow much faster if it let people sell their own goods on the platform.
So it threw the doors open to anyone who wanted to start their own store on Amazon and before long Jeff Bezos became the richest person in the world.
This means if you want to start a business you can partner with Amazon and get access to the biggest marketplace in the world.
Want to start your own business?
Here are 7 reasons why Amazon is the only place to do it
- There are over 244 million active users on Amazon – which means an absolutely colossal number of people you can sell to
- In 2016 buyers spend an eye-popping $180 BILLION on Amazon. That’s a mind-boggling $493 million a day– and you can make a small fortune by getting even a teeny-weeny slice of this pie
- Amazon don’t just connect buyers with sellers like eBay. You can send your products straight to Amazon and they’ll store them and ship them directly to your customer on your behalf. All you have to do is find what to sell and list it. It’s almost embarrassingly simple
- There are a whopping 75 fulfilment centres in the USA with a similar number in Asia, Europe and South America. Their biggest warehouse is in Florida and it’s 102,000 square metres – almost 6 times the size of the MCG. And Amazon are growing all the time. They’re even here in Australia now.
- On average Amazon ships 608,000,000 packages a year which works out to 1.6 million packages a day – and people still can’t get enough of whipping their credit cards out and buying more and more things
- Amazon use 45,000 robots in their fulfilment centres to get products quickly and safely to buyers, and get most on the road within 24 – 36 hours
- Amazon are starting up a drone delivery service to slash distribution costs and times dramatically – See? These guys are dominating online retail and they’re getting ready to crush their competition with new technology.
And you know what?
Today Amazon has captured 50% of the online market in the USA.
So if you want to live a life of complete and total freedom.
If you want to start your own business.
And you want to enjoy high margins - whilst working part time from home - register for this FREE masterclass.
This masterclass is only available for a limited time and strictly on a first come, first served basis.
To learn more, click the button below.
A to Z Formula on Facebook